Albany and Mirasol Victims Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Albany and Mirasol Victims Forum

This blog is for use of any victims effected by the demise of the Albany Group as well as Mirasol

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Latest Article about Albany/ Mirasol dated 05/02/10 --UPDATE--

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
romek

Latest Article about Albany/ Mirasol dated 05/02/10 --UPDATE-- Empty
PostSubject: Latest Article about Albany/ Mirasol dated 05/02/10 --UPDATE--   Latest Article about Albany/ Mirasol dated 05/02/10 --UPDATE-- EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 9:52 am

Last edited by romek on Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
romek

PostSubject: Re: Latest Article about Albany/ Mirasol dated 05/02/10 --UPDATE--   Latest Article about Albany/ Mirasol dated 05/02/10 --UPDATE-- EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 10:07 am

Looks we might be adding Sunday Wealth Management Limited (Sunday Solutions) to our list of victim companies... it's like a house of cards has started to come down. Was Albany and Mirasol just the tip of the ice burg?

And who is JSA??? http://www.jsagroup.co.uk/

The article makes some very good points and has some logical theories but none of it has been confirmed so I'm not sure how much is guessing to make the article more interesting. I'll try to contact the writter to see if I can get more information from him/her.

Another article that brings up some red flags:

http://www.jsagroup.co.uk/news/latest-news/1712
Back to top Go down
Ben

PostSubject: Last news I could find about a similar situation   Latest Article about Albany/ Mirasol dated 05/02/10 --UPDATE-- EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 3:09 am

http://www.contractoruk.com/news/004717.html

I think that Albany used the same sheme .
Back to top Go down
spritcha

PostSubject: Re: Latest Article about Albany/ Mirasol dated 05/02/10 --UPDATE--   Latest Article about Albany/ Mirasol dated 05/02/10 --UPDATE-- EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 3:48 am

Ben wrote:

To be honest, these loopholes should be closed.

However - IR35 is so annoying, I've never been interested in avoiding paying the tax or Employees NI, I don't mind put my penny into the national hat. But I DO object to Emplyers NI, which gives me zero benefits and is purely stealth taxation. IR35 closed a loophole, and added an extra layer of taxation on top. Gordontastic!
Back to top Go down
romek

PostSubject: Re: Latest Article about Albany/ Mirasol dated 05/02/10 --UPDATE--   Latest Article about Albany/ Mirasol dated 05/02/10 --UPDATE-- EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 4:05 am

Ben wrote:

Ben I don't think that's the case. I had a very simple contract with Albany for them to do my invoices... no funny business... no off shore accounts. Now if they do some people "standard" [talking out NI/Taxes/Expenses] and some "special"[off shore accounts, trying to take advantage of the double tax rules] I should have been made aware of this. Especially if it could have had an effect on my income.

So if that was the case I'm going to start using much stronger language (such as fraud and misrepresentation). But I don't have a confirmation for this yet so I'm not quite there yet.

Basically for Albany to do that would put them at VERY high risk of law suits from contractors (such as myself) who have been misled. When I sign up to a company and they state they are "Fully Compliant" and do not disclose other schemes they are practicing on the side... see where I'm heading with this? With this sort of criminal activity (again I have no proof yet that they did this, I'm only showing an example) I would starting going a different direction and bring criminal cases against specific individuals (not just the LTD).

Also in defense of these questionable off shore schemes... if the government created these loopholes and individuals used them, for that to be now retrospective so many years back is absolutely outrageous. In fact I will argue that this should be deemed a human rights violation as many people are now faced to loose everything they own and they were NOT breaking any laws at the time. Somehow screwing individuals during these difficult economic times doesn't seem the right thing to do both for the economy as well as the individuals families. Just my thoughts on this matter (happy I'm not in this boat though)
Back to top Go down
romek

PostSubject: Re: Latest Article about Albany/ Mirasol dated 05/02/10 --UPDATE--   Latest Article about Albany/ Mirasol dated 05/02/10 --UPDATE-- EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 4:18 am

Spritcha,

I agree that a "politically motivated" argument can be easily made here. Since GB is one of the last to remain in a recession (I know the new data just came out but I don't believe we are really out yet) in the part of the world, this is both concerning and very humiliating for the governing party. GB is supposed to be one of the strongest economies in the EU not the weakest, but we are where we are. Now it's crunch time if the powers at be want to maintain power they must do two things.... first rule is blame someone else... second rule is show quick (even if they are ineffective) measures so the illusion that things are being cleaned up is there.

Whether or not these schemes should be closed is another discussion all together, but the whole idea of retrospecting them so far back and causing so many people to loose everything is what I have an issue with. Again this was not illegal at the time and a group to do this now is very dangerous. Opens up a lot of possibilities of other things being retrospected in the future which might effect everyone.
Back to top Go down
Ben

PostSubject: Re: Latest Article about Albany/ Mirasol dated 05/02/10 --UPDATE--   Latest Article about Albany/ Mirasol dated 05/02/10 --UPDATE-- EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 4:21 am

Hi Romek,

As you also wrote on your answer about the violation on the human rights.
This was the ruling
http://www.contractoruk.com/news/004725.html

Just some things I've found out today
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Latest Article about Albany/ Mirasol dated 05/02/10 --UPDATE--   Latest Article about Albany/ Mirasol dated 05/02/10 --UPDATE-- Empty

Back to top Go down

Latest Article about Albany/ Mirasol dated 05/02/10 --UPDATE--
Page 1 of 1