Albany and Mirasol Victims Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Albany and Mirasol Victims Forum

This blog is for use of any victims effected by the demise of the Albany Group as well as Mirasol

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

When were you last paid and by which Albany company?

Go down 
+15
Phoenix
chrisedon
Another Victim
contractorOfAlbanyUK
Mike
JohnRPearce
Swan Song
noprobs
NeedSolution
NeillC
spritcha
Morril
nedim
Dylan McGregor
yobwoc
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
yobwoc

When were you last paid and by which Albany company? Empty
PostSubject: When were you last paid and by which Albany company?   When were you last paid and by which Albany company? EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 12:57 am

My contract is with Albany Technologies. They last paid me on Jan 7th. My agency is currently blocking my next pay to Albany at my request because we are doubful Albany will/can process it. Albany have not confirmed to me the current status of Albany Technologies who are not on the list of 3 who seem to be definitely under Administration. I've had no official statements from Albany whatsoever despite repeated emails and phone calls. It would be helpful to keep track of which (if any) of the many Albany companies are still paying contractors. Also any official statements on the current legal status of each of the companies.
Back to top Go down
Dylan McGregor

PostSubject: ...   When were you last paid and by which Albany company? EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 3:22 pm

Hi,

Last payment made by Albany was for November Timesheets and done middle of December.
December timesheets were sent to them and they raise an invoice to the agency. However I requested them to block any payment to Albany but am afraid this money will be also part of the disaster, as they need to raise a credit note. Will they do that? I don't know.
If the credit note is done, only have money at Mirasol.

Regarding payments, it is strange you have received your last funds on 7th Jan but know other people had received even later.
From where this money came from if RBS frozen their accounts? Really strange to me.

Regards,
Dylan
Back to top Go down
nedim

PostSubject: how to block payments   When were you last paid and by which Albany company? EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 5:36 pm

Hi,

I just received the news last friday. Now my agency still has a couple of payments to do to Albany. I called them to ask not to do these payments. Unfortunately they have received a letter from the administrator that they are obliged to pay to them. The agency thus told me that they will have to do the payments to the administrator of albany emea ltd or they will get legal problems themselves.
Does anyone know how I can make my agency not to pay, as this money will certainly be lost as soon as it reaches the administrators.

Many thanks for the answers.
Nedim
Back to top Go down
Dylan McGregor

PostSubject: ...   When were you last paid and by which Albany company? EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 6:10 pm

Hi,

the only way is Albany to raise a credit note to your agency. This will some how cancel the invoice they raised.
At same time I guess you should cancel your assignation to Albany to the previous month paid.
Something I see difficult but at least can stay in the records.

Regards,
Dylan
Back to top Go down
Morril

PostSubject: Re: When were you last paid and by which Albany company?   When were you last paid and by which Albany company? EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 2:41 am

Hi there,

Just to tell you my experience:
> I was last paid the end of Dec09 by Albany
> I have 2 invoices for Nov and Dec 09 due for payment the end of this month, Feb 10
> I tried to get my client to block/cancel the invoices but they could not unless they received credit notes for same
> I got the name of the person in Albany who signed my 2010 contract(Shelly.Eccleston) and sent her an email saying I urgently needed to cancel the contract for 2010 and get credit notes for the Nov and Dec 09 invoices.
> She sent me a reply back the same day to say that I should put this request in writing and send it to Albany Tech Ltd, sending a copy to my client.
> I sent a registered letter to Albany Tech Ltd in London and my client, and also emailed a scanned copy of this mail to both parties.
> The next day, I received a mail from a John.LeMaire@thealbanygroup.com, who had been instructed by Shelley Eccleston to process my request urgently. He attached a letter to acknowledge cancellation of the 2010 contract and then another mail later that day, attaching 2 credit notes for the Nov and Dec09 invoices.

So now I hopefully have limited my liability to Mirasol dividends, which even though hugely significant at >50K, is still something.

My advice, contact Albany Tech Ltd by sending registered letters/scqnned emails, to get credit notes processed asap. I don't understand why I got tham and you cannot...I'm working in France if that makes a difference?!

Good luck
Back to top Go down
yobwoc

PostSubject: thanks   When were you last paid and by which Albany company? EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 2:47 am

Moril,

Thanks for the reply. You are in exactly the same position as me (Also with albany Technologies and also in France) so I will follow you action and see what success it brings me. Unfortunately my contact at Albany (Leanne Schoeman) has not made any comment so far other than that she hopes there will be some formal statement from albany soon.
Back to top Go down
Morril

PostSubject: Re: When were you last paid and by which Albany company?   When were you last paid and by which Albany company? EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 2:56 am

Hi there again,

I also dealt with Leanne but she can only pass on your request. Shelley Eccleston I believe is a director, so you might have better luck with her(if she's still there...)

Again, best of luck
Back to top Go down
spritcha

PostSubject: Re: When were you last paid and by which Albany company?   When were you last paid and by which Albany company? EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 3:27 am

You should be able to instantly terminate your contract as Albany are in breach, and take your business elsewhere.

That's what I have done and setup my own Ltd again (AND there IS a financial advantage of IR35 via an ltd).

I Invoiced Nov and Dec on 5th January, they received funds around 9th so it is very annoying they didn't inform us about this sooner.

If I don't get my money from the administrators I will go after the directors.
Back to top Go down
NeillC

PostSubject: Re: When were you last paid and by which Albany company?   When were you last paid and by which Albany company? EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 3:48 am

I was with Albany Management UK.

The last time I was paid was around the 10th of December, which was my wages for October. Still outstanding are wages for November & December, or which timesheets were submitted at the end of those months.

Before tax, etc, I'm owed in the region of £4000.
Back to top Go down
NeedSolution

PostSubject: Re: When were you last paid and by which Albany company?   When were you last paid and by which Albany company? EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 3:57 am

Hi Morril,

I'm have also a contract with Albany Technologies Ltd in Belgium. Can you tell me in detail what you put in your letter and e-mail to get Albany rise the credit notes. I received the info that Albany was not able to raise any financial documents.

Thanks for your help
Back to top Go down
noprobs

PostSubject: Re: When were you last paid and by which Albany company?   When were you last paid and by which Albany company? EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 4:08 am

Albany Technologies received the funds from the Agency Jan 18th and paid my invoice Jan 22nd. I never received any communication from Albany and if it wasn't for the article in The Recruiter, I wouldn't even have known that there was a problem.
Back to top Go down
Morril

PostSubject: Re: When were you last paid and by which Albany company?   When were you last paid and by which Albany company? EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 4:28 am

Dear Needsolution,

See below the letter I wrote:

"Dear Ms.Eccleston,

I would like to request the immediate termination of the contract for 2010 between Albany and I, with the resulting cessation of the equivalent contract between you and my client, X
I request this immediate termination on the grounds of Albany’s current financial difficulties and hence it’s subsequent inability to function as an invoice processing and payment business. (Please find enclosed communication from Albany)
I would request that Albany respond to this request with the utmost of urgency being no later than 7 days of receipt of this letter, sending also a copy of that response to my client directly.

I look forward to receiving your agreement on this matter as quickly as possible.

Yours sincerely,"

and then in a subsequent email response from Albany to acknowledge the cancellation of this contact, I received the following "I am now able to further advise you that once you’ve sent the termination request letters and after they’ve been accepted by both parties, we will then instruct our compliance department to formally terminate the agreement and then issue any credit notes accordingly. "

I hope it helps....
Back to top Go down
Swan Song

PostSubject: Re: When were you last paid and by which Albany company?   When were you last paid and by which Albany company? EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 4:39 am

AMUK
Last Paid in early December for November Invoice
Haven't been piad for December despite agency paying Albany on January 16th
Back to top Go down
JohnRPearce

PostSubject: Re: When were you last paid and by which Albany company?   When were you last paid and by which Albany company? EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 4:55 am

Working in Germany.

Same as Swan Song, though my agency didn't pay them for December until the 20th January (approx.).
Back to top Go down
Mike

PostSubject: Re: When were you last paid and by which Albany company?   When were you last paid and by which Albany company? EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 5:37 am

AMUK

Last paid on Dec 10th for November 2009

Agency paid Albany on 7th Jan for December timesheets

Nothing paid to me since
Back to top Go down
contractorOfAlbanyUK

PostSubject: last pay   When were you last paid and by which Albany company? EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 5:42 am

same here. Last payment cam on Dec 10th for the month of November. NOthing since then. My agency paid ti Albany UK on January 5th, but by then the accounts were frozen.
Back to top Go down
NeedSolution

PostSubject: Re: When were you last paid and by which Albany company?   When were you last paid and by which Albany company? EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 6:24 am

Thank you Morril.

As far as I know I never received any mail saying that Albany was in financial troubles. It's through an e-mail from Von Essen that says that Albany is restructuring and that Von Essen is helping them in this.

Is Albany Technologies Ltd in administration? Untill now I still didn't receive any official letter from Albany saying they wil not pay me.

Did anyone receive any official communication from Albany?
Back to top Go down
yobwoc

PostSubject: Re: When were you last paid and by which Albany company?   When were you last paid and by which Albany company? EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 6:47 am

NeedSolution - I'm with Albany Technolgies and there seem to be mixed stories about their status. Some people have said they have pay that is several weeks overdue while at least one (earlier in this topic) says he has been paid on Jan 22 with no problems.
I have not received any formal communication from Albany but have been contacted by Mirasol and by Von Essen both saying "Albany" are under administration.
There are also several references on this site and others saying that Albany UK, Albany EMEA, and Albany Employment Services are the ones definitely under administration but I haven't received this from any official source either.
If anyone has anything definitive on the state of Albany Technologies I'd like to see it. Also if anyone knows who the admistrators are or has received any statements from them?
Back to top Go down
contractorOfAlbanyUK

PostSubject: administrator   When were you last paid and by which Albany company? EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 6:58 am

How can anybody check who were the appointed administrators?
I would like to get in touch with them but have no clue how to find them..

Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
Another Victim

PostSubject: Re: When were you last paid and by which Albany company?   When were you last paid and by which Albany company? EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 7:05 am

OK - I'm now confused by all this. I don't even know who I truly worked for.

Last edited by Another Victim on Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Swan Song

PostSubject: Re: When were you last paid and by which Albany company?   When were you last paid and by which Albany company? EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 7:16 am

NeedSolution wrote:

Did anyone receive any official communication from Albany?
I received this one.
Back to top Go down
chrisedon

PostSubject: Re: When were you last paid and by which Albany company?   When were you last paid and by which Albany company? EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 9:20 am

I started my contract on the 17th December, using Albany Technologies as my management company. the day after Albany became insolvent. I have never received any money. I sent in timesheets for the last 3 weeks of December, and the first 2 of January. Then I switched companies, after I learnt of the bank related problems. Albany invoiced the client agency for the timesheets as soon as they received them, and the agent has paid them, last Friday. Horribly frustrating.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix

PostSubject: Tax debts   When were you last paid and by which Albany company? EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 9:59 am

In some country set-up's Albany's local presentation pays your tax.
Remember also to check that Albany has made correct tax payments and how much tax retention Albany has with with you.
Within years this retention can amount to a quite a sum. Or if they have not paid enough you might end up paying the year ends tax debt from your own pocket.

Don't won't to make the picture darker but this is worth to know.
Back to top Go down
spritcha

PostSubject: Re: When were you last paid and by which Albany company?   When were you last paid and by which Albany company? EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 10:04 am

Phoenix wrote:
In some country set-up's Albany's local presentation pays your tax.
Remember also to check that Albany has made correct tax payments and how much tax retention Albany has with with you.
Within years this retention can amount to a quite a sum. Or if they have not paid enough you might end up paying the year ends tax debt from your own pocket.

Don't won't to make the picture darker but this is worth to know.

I don't think UK employment law sees it this way. As far as I am concerned I had a zero hours "contract" of employment, which means that Albany was liable for any tax and NI owed.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: When were you last paid and by which Albany company?   When were you last paid and by which Albany company? EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 10:09 am

Was last paid 8th of December by Albany Technologies.

Agency has 3 invoices pending. Asked Albany Tech. in South Africa to confirm if they can pay and got positive written confirmation at the end of January.
Now when Agency is about to pay asked for re-confirmation. Result = total radio silence .

I guess I need to go for credit notes, who knows what director to contact as the account manager in South Africa is not responding ?

Last edited by Phoenix on Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When were you last paid and by which Albany company?   When were you last paid and by which Albany company? Empty

Back to top Go down

When were you last paid and by which Albany company?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next