Albany and Mirasol Victims Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Albany and Mirasol Victims Forum

This blog is for use of any victims effected by the demise of the Albany Group as well as Mirasol

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Official status of Albany companies

Go down 
+17
jeeves
spritcha
Another Victim
Mike
SexDwarf
Paul2e
nedim
yobwoc
seekinganswers
benc
Phoenix
AlbanyContractor
EuropeanContractor
Dylan McGregor
peter
albanyvictim
ryan
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ryan

Official status of Albany companies Empty
PostSubject: Official status of Albany companies   Official status of Albany companies EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 12:43 pm

There is a lot of talk and speculation as to whether the companies have or have not entered some form of administration, liquidation etc.

I would not rely on various claims by the company. Instead, review the status by Companies House. This site should be updated every day:

As I write this, the Albany companies I am aware of all seem to, officially at least, be trading normally:

http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/6e598a9f67c5bd147cdcad050bd20123/wcframe?name=accessCompanyInfo
Back to top Go down
albanyvictim

PostSubject: Re: Official status of Albany companies   Official status of Albany companies EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 1:36 pm

Hi !

I've spoken to two layers today that confirm this ..strange isn't it
I can't remember exactly Richard Allport said last week - I was too shell shocked but I seem to remember him saying they are now entering Administration 9last Tuesday) and to expect a call this week !
N
Back to top Go down
peter

PostSubject: Re: Official status of Albany companies   Official status of Albany companies EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 1:48 pm

check the wording of both letters.....

for albany it says

.....decided to seek early appointment of administrator...impending appointment....as soon as administrator appointed....

ie nothing has been done yet

they will probably wait till all payments dry up before any appointments.

same for mirasol....

we hope to let you have a dedicated line
we plan on issuing regular updates....

just preying on peoples hopes.....
makes me sick
Back to top Go down
albanyvictim

PostSubject: Re: Official status of Albany companies   Official status of Albany companies EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 2:01 pm

a tactic to keep us off their back?
Back to top Go down
ryan

PostSubject: Sounds like stalling to me   Official status of Albany companies EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 3:54 pm

Yes, my point here is make sure they are not leading you to believe something that has not occurred. If they are able to let people believe they are in administration, a lot of people may not take the action they otherwise would.

I would not believe their statements until Companies House says the same.
Back to top Go down
Dylan McGregor

PostSubject: ...   Official status of Albany companies EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 4:13 pm

I can see in the list
Albany EMEA
ALBANY SYSTEMS LIMITED
ALBANY SYSTEMS EUROPE LIMITED

http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/e4e1753e6c020369a5f0036a02780135/compdetails
Back to top Go down
EuropeanContractor

PostSubject: In Administration?   Official status of Albany companies EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 11:17 pm

So does this mean they are not in Administration - yet?
Dylan McGregor wrote:
I can see in the list
Albany EMEA
ALBANY SYSTEMS LIMITED

http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/e4e1753e6c020369a5f0036a02780135/compdetails
Back to top Go down
ryan

PostSubject: Re: Official status of Albany companies   Official status of Albany companies EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 11:27 pm

To "Europeancontractor" - yes, that is correct to the best of my knowledge.

Depending on the circumstances, my understanding is that it may take longer or shorter time for an administration process to start but, as of right now, they are not in administration officially. It is possible that they might have tried to start this process, but I am concerned that they are trying to deceive people for their own benefit by leading us to believe that they are in administration when they are not.
Back to top Go down
AlbanyContractor

PostSubject: Albany Technologies going in to Administration   Official status of Albany companies EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 4:38 am

According to a letter received an hour ago, Albany Technologies is now seeking Administration. The reason given is the loss of the Albany Brand.

You wouldn't believe how quickly a good company can collapse even if it was fiction.

I cannot wait to find out why RBS pulled the funding, it had better be good !
Back to top Go down
EuropeanContractor

PostSubject: Re: Official status of Albany companies   Official status of Albany companies EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 5:03 am

ryan wrote:
To "Europeancontractor" - yes, that is correct to the best of my knowledge.

Depending on the circumstances, my understanding is that it may take longer or shorter time for an administration process to start but, as of right now, they are not in administration officially. It is possible that they might have tried to start this process, but I am concerned that they are trying to deceive people for their own benefit by leading us to believe that they are in administration when they are not.

Abany has (had?) a confusing array of names - all under the same address.
The following is from the UK Companies House (http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk)

C/O ASCOT DRUMMOND
2-3 CURSITOR STREET
LONDON
EC4A 1NE

ALBANY EMEA LIMITED
C/O ASCOT DRUMMOND
2-3 CURSITOR STREET
LONDON
EC4A 1NE

ALBANY HOLDINGS LIMITED
C/O ASCOT DRUMMOND
2-3 CURSITOR STREET
LONDON
EC4A 1NE

Albany Holdings is the address of the UK office:
.http://www.thealbanygroup.com/page.asp?section=192&sectionTitle=London%2C+UK
None of these are under administration at the moment.
I was with Albany Systems Europe
Back to top Go down
Phoenix

PostSubject: More companies affected   Official status of Albany companies EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 7:21 am

More Albany companies seeking for administration, got letter today stating:

Albany EMEA Ltd

Albany Employment Services Ltd

Albany Management UK Ltd

Albany Systems Europe Ltd

Albany Tecserve Ltd

Seeking early appointment of an Administrator.
Back to top Go down
benc

PostSubject: Website   Official status of Albany companies EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 8:35 am

Back to top Go down
seekinganswers

PostSubject: Re: Official status of Albany companies   Official status of Albany companies EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 4:14 am

I contacted the Administrators today and was told Albany Technologies was also into administration since yesterday afternoon. Not sure what happens next...

Was anybody able to contact Albany since yesterday afternoon?

Cheers
Back to top Go down
yobwoc

PostSubject: Re: Official status of Albany companies   Official status of Albany companies EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 4:38 am

This from Howard Glick this morning ....

Below is the status of Albany companies as of yesterday: -

Albany Holdings Limited (in Administration)
Albany EMEA Limited (in Administration)
Albany Technologies Limited (in Administration)

Albany Employment Services Limited (in Liquidation)
Albany Management UK Limited (in Liquidation)

Please be advised that on 10 February 2010 John Alexander and Melvyn Carter of the firm Carter Backer Winter were appointed Joint Administrators or Joint Liquidators of the above companies.

The Joint Administrators/Joint Liquidators will be writing to all creditors shortly. The companies have ceased trading and are unable to issue credit notes to creditors.

I am unable to provide any further information with regards to Albany or Mirasol and any queries will need to be addressed to the Administrators.

Kind Regards

Howard
Back to top Go down
nedim

PostSubject: Re: Official status of Albany companies   Official status of Albany companies EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 7:29 am

What is the difference of "in Administration" and "in Liquidation". What does it mean for the claims to be done?
Back to top Go down
Paul2e

PostSubject: Re: Official status of Albany companies   Official status of Albany companies EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 7:53 am

Administration means there's assets to be sold with money being distributed to the creditors.
Liquidation means there's nothing, and the creditors will also get nothing.
Back to top Go down
SexDwarf

PostSubject: Re: Official status of Albany companies   Official status of Albany companies EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 7:59 am

yobwoc wrote:
This from Howard Glick this morning ....

I am unable to provide any further information with regards to Albany or Mirasol and any queries will need to be addressed to the Administrators.

Kind Regards

Howard

John @ Carter Backer Winter (The Administrators) have indicated that they are not involved with Mirasol. Who is correct - Howard or CBW?
Back to top Go down
Mike

PostSubject: Re: Official status of Albany companies   Official status of Albany companies EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 8:42 am

Paul2e wrote:
Administration means there's assets to be sold with money being distributed to the creditors.
Liquidation means there's nothing, and the creditors will also get nothing.

On 5th January I received the email below saying they were moving AMUK contractors to AEMEA

"5 January 2010

Like many organisations The Albany Group is constantly seeking to control costs and as such we have decided to consolidate a number of group companies into one.

We are therefore seeking to move the small number of contractors currently employed by Albany Management UK Ltd to a sister company called Albany EMEA Ltd with immediate effect.

Please note that your continuaity of employment will be preserved and all other terms and conditions of your contract will remain in place.

Unless we hear from you to the contrary, we will assume you are happy to move your contract to Albany EMEA and as such we will handle the transition.

For the avoidance of doubt, it is our intention to invoice for work carried out by you in December 2009 and process this month’s salary through Albany Management UK and thereafter switch you into Albany EMEA.

If you have any concerns please contact me in our London office on +44 20 7280 4200 or by return e-mail cornelius.hattingh@thealbanygroup.com.

Kind Regards

Cornelius Hattingh
Operations Director EMEA
."

So in this case does that mean that at the point when the administrators were assigned (yesterday) the "small number of contractors" employed by AMUK were infact employed by Albany EMEA, so the liquidation of AMUK will not affect us?

scratch

Mike
Back to top Go down
seekinganswers

PostSubject: Re: Official status of Albany companies   Official status of Albany companies EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 8:57 am

I suppose the Administrators don't "administrate" for the fun of it... so even in the event of a favorable resolution we are going to lose money.

What seriously pisses me off is that Albany Technologies did not issue credit notes for pending invoices for which they haven't been paid yet, they had plenty of chance for it and I asked them many times... Had they done that, I could settle my missing payments directly with my agency, instead they chose to drag me, and others like me, down with them.

Having said that, I have to thank Richard Thorne for his support, he helped me solving at least part of the issues and was commited to help and professional till the very end.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Official status of Albany companies   Official status of Albany companies EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 11:45 am

seekinganswers wrote:
I suppose the Administrators don't "administrate" for the fun of it... so even in the event of a favorable resolution we are going to lose money.

What seriously pisses me off is that Albany Technologies did not issue credit notes for pending invoices for which they haven't been paid yet, they had plenty of chance for it and I asked them many times... Had they done that, I could settle my missing payments directly with my agency, instead they chose to drag me, and others like me, down with them.

Having said that, I have to thank Richard Thorne for his support, he helped me solving at least part of the issues and was commited to help and professional till the very end.

Same thing, 4 months of invoices held back from last year.
Yesterday they promised to issue credit notes and this morning I was sent the "administration" note.

Incredible behavior towards their clients.
Back to top Go down
Another Victim

PostSubject: Re: Official status of Albany companies   Official status of Albany companies EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 11:59 am

I'm really pissed off too with not having been able to pry a credit note from Albany, in spite of my effort, and as it was for a whole month that's an extra months loss I could have done without.

Last edited by Another Victim on Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ryan

PostSubject: News from Administrators?   Official status of Albany companies EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 8:02 am

Has someone been able to get hold of them? Any news?
Back to top Go down
Phoenix

PostSubject: Administrators   Official status of Albany companies EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 8:20 am

ryan wrote:
Has someone been able to get hold of them? Any news?

Talked with the law firm today( http://www.cbw.co.uk/ ), administrators will issue statement / instructions to all creditors and employees on Monday or Tuesday

Until then we should wait.
Back to top Go down
seekinganswers

PostSubject: Re: Official status of Albany companies   Official status of Albany companies EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 9:17 am

Fingers crossed!
Back to top Go down
spritcha

PostSubject: Re: Official status of Albany companies   Official status of Albany companies EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 9:35 am

seekinganswers wrote:
Fingers crossed!

Check your eMail... Liquidation it is... :-(
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official status of Albany companies   Official status of Albany companies Empty

Back to top Go down

Official status of Albany companies
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next