Albany and Mirasol Victims Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Albany and Mirasol Victims Forum

This blog is for use of any victims effected by the demise of the Albany Group as well as Mirasol

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

MIRASOL ONLY

Go down 
+22
aj
icebreaker
seekinganswers
ammidou
bubba72
rclvb
albanyvictim
MirasolVictim002
richard
Done
Eric Cantona
ludo
ATL_Victim
RacketVictim
Mirasol101
Another Victim
AlbanyContractor
Rik2
peter
ezabuk
noprobs
alfa
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
alfa

MIRASOL ONLY Empty
PostSubject: MIRASOL ONLY   MIRASOL ONLY EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 8:34 am

Hi guys,

Since a lot of us are mixing up Albany and Mirasol, I want to create a separate group of who still have money at Mirasol and want to go the extra mile to recover their money back because I am convinced that the money is out there and that money belongs to us. Some Albany affiliates went into liquidation and some 'remain' in administration BUT Mirasol is untouched! So I'm intending to go after my money by all possible means. Martin &Waheed are the ones to get a hold of and they remain in a position to transfer our funds! All those speculations about what if they used the Mirasol funds for Albany I just don't believe in!

[There is a seperate group. We are along way down the track here, lawyers are preparing the facts and a group are talking to Martin this afternoon, email MirasolAlbany@googlemail.com]
Back to top Go down
noprobs

MIRASOL ONLY Empty
PostSubject: Re: MIRASOL ONLY   MIRASOL ONLY EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 9:11 am

Mirasol was never anything more than an unsophisticated way of avoiding tax. Its business model is not legal in any of the European countries that I have worked in, if you don't believe me just ask your accountant or the tax office. Do you really want to take legal action against Mirasol and draw attention to yourself from the Taxman?

[Yes we do, you don't have to. Thats why we are paying for legal advice. PS According to lawyers you are wrong on everything you have said so far.]
Back to top Go down
ezabuk

MIRASOL ONLY Empty
PostSubject: Re: MIRASOL ONLY   MIRASOL ONLY EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 9:21 am

Well Done firstly,

I am definitely in this position.

I never wanted to use neither Albany nor Mirasol but used them for the very firts time due to the Belgian IT agency insisting (verbally only!) that no use of Albany = no IT contract so I reluctantly agreed. And even more reluctantly agreed to Mirasol. This also happened to another independant IT contractor working for the same client started after me as well.

In addition, I have never managed to drawdown any funds due to lack of access to Mirasol username/password & now cant even login to reset my account details or even request a drawdown any time soon. I hope Mirasol sort this out soon. Its very clear who is the owner of what amount with Mirasol so I don't see how this is even affected.

In short, I am now gutted coz they have just over 20k GBP of mine on which i have even declared & paid self assessment tax on already! SO WHERE DOES THE NOTION OF TAX AVOIDANCE COME IN. EXACTLY???

[It doesn't, don't waste your time listening to knowalls]
Back to top Go down
alfa

MIRASOL ONLY Empty
PostSubject: Re: MIRASOL ONLY   MIRASOL ONLY EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 12:36 pm

to noprobs,

The contract with Mirasol says that the recipient, of the funds transferred, remains liable for declaring taxes... so it is your money and if you did or didn't declare taxes, that's another issue to sort out with the taxmen...
Think it's time to allign with the rest and become one seeking for our well deserved money.

noprobs wrote:
Mirasol was never anything more than an unsophisticated way of avoiding tax. Its business model is not legal in any of the European countries that I have worked in, if you don't believe me just ask your accountant or the tax office. Do you really want to take legal action against Mirasol and draw attention to yourself from the Taxman?

[Yes we do, you don't have to. Thats why we are paying for legal advice. PS According to lawyers you are wrong on everything you have said so far.]
Back to top Go down
alfa

MIRASOL ONLY Empty
PostSubject: Re: MIRASOL ONLY   MIRASOL ONLY EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 12:41 pm

[There is a seperate group. We are along way down the track here, lawyers are preparing the facts and a group are talking to Martin this afternoon, email MirasolAlbany@googlemail.com][/quote]

Do you have any FB regarding the conversations they had?

[Not yet, a summary of the responses will be circulated if / when I get it]
Back to top Go down
peter

MIRASOL ONLY Empty
PostSubject: Re: MIRASOL ONLY   MIRASOL ONLY EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 1:14 pm

I will go for any means necessary to get my money. I have nothing to hide from the taxman. I want whats rightfully mine...what i have worked hard for.

United we stand!
Back to top Go down
Rik2

MIRASOL ONLY Empty
PostSubject: Same boat   MIRASOL ONLY EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 2:35 am

Like others here I only have money in Mirasol. Since a brief conversation with Sarah Morrey, where she told me I would not lose my money, I have heard nothing. I never received a copy of the recent letter sent out. I complained about this and she said it wasn't possible!

Anyway for me if Mirasol are not in administration, why are they not communicating at all. This is the worrying thing. Last time Sarah replied to an email she said mentioned she was working remotely. Is this an indication of the offices being closed?

Like everyone I just want to know what's going on and if/when/how I can get some/all of my money. I would like some communication.
Back to top Go down
AlbanyContractor

MIRASOL ONLY Empty
PostSubject: Re: MIRASOL ONLY   MIRASOL ONLY EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 4:44 am

Sarah told me I would get my money, 3 days later ( 3 weeks ago now ) Martin Glick told me not to expect anything back.

Actually I have just looked at my Mirasol account and I got a distribution on DEC 2009.
Back to top Go down
alfa

MIRASOL ONLY Empty
PostSubject: Distribution   MIRASOL ONLY EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 6:41 am

You see...
Lack of communication, contradicting info... are to my opinion prove that mysterious things are going on behind the scenes with our money!
Back to top Go down
AlbanyContractor

MIRASOL ONLY Empty
PostSubject: Re: MIRASOL ONLY   MIRASOL ONLY EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 6:46 am

... agreed, and on the 10th JAN nearly 6k EURO's flowed into my frozen Mirasol acct. from my JAN pay !
Back to top Go down
Another Victim

MIRASOL ONLY Empty
PostSubject: Re: MIRASOL ONLY   MIRASOL ONLY EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 8:14 am

AlbanyContractor wrote:
3 days later ( 3 weeks ago now ) Martin Glick told me not to expect anything back.
Merely confirming the obvious, I would have thought.

7 out of 10 people having delays with distributions last year, debts galore, factoring, Administration and a hefty independent Mirasol account somehow sucked into the melee by nasty old RBS.
Spot the odd man out.
Back to top Go down
Mirasol101

MIRASOL ONLY Empty
PostSubject: Re: MIRASOL ONLY   MIRASOL ONLY EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 9:12 am

Another Victim wrote:
AlbanyContractor wrote:
3 days later ( 3 weeks ago now ) Martin Glick told me not to expect anything back.
Merely confirming the obvious, I would have thought.

7 out of 10 people having delays with distributions last year, debts galore, factoring, Administration and a hefty independent Mirasol account somehow sucked into the melee by nasty old RBS.
Spot the odd man out.

I got e-mail from Mirasol 2008, quoting interest rates of Mirasol account.
That stated another than RBS as it's bank.
How would RBS get their hands on a offshore separate operation.
I guess only way is that Albany exposed Mirasol to RBS and used it as a quarantee for Albany debts ?
Back to top Go down
alfa

MIRASOL ONLY Empty
PostSubject: Re: MIRASOL ONLY   MIRASOL ONLY EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 9:24 am

I guess only way is that Albany exposed Mirasol to RBS and used it as a quarantee for Albany debts ?[/quote]

I extremely doubt this without any formal proof which we most probably won't see...
Back to top Go down
AlbanyContractor

MIRASOL ONLY Empty
PostSubject: Re: MIRASOL ONLY   MIRASOL ONLY EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 9:26 am

If that is the case how did I get my distribution on the 30 DEC 09 ?
Back to top Go down
RacketVictim

MIRASOL ONLY Empty
PostSubject: Re: MIRASOL ONLY   MIRASOL ONLY EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 9:30 am

I never got any interest rates for 2009; the excuse being due to global recession. That was already a signal that things were not going fine. But I was very slow to react...
Back to top Go down
ATL_Victim

MIRASOL ONLY Empty
PostSubject: Re: MIRASOL ONLY   MIRASOL ONLY EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 9:48 am

I recall from the FAQ when I joined a statement that the Mirasol funds were held in cash in an RBS account in Jersey - so that is how they got their hands on them - very easily!
Back to top Go down
ludo

MIRASOL ONLY Empty
PostSubject: Re: MIRASOL ONLY   MIRASOL ONLY EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 10:06 am

Amazing you got distritution end dec since the people I know did not.
The said the problem was the ownership ... how could it be since they old the funds in cash and do not trade them.
In their communication they said they must be working with Albany in order to solve the issue.
No sign since almost 3 weeks, nobody left on board.
All of this is lies.
Back to top Go down
Another Victim

MIRASOL ONLY Empty
PostSubject: Re: MIRASOL ONLY   MIRASOL ONLY EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 10:09 am

AlbanyContractor wrote:
If that is the case how did I get my distribution on the 30 DEC 09
Since the directors won't say, the guess 'new inflows from Joe Contractor' is racing up the charts.
Back to top Go down
Eric Cantona

MIRASOL ONLY Empty
PostSubject: Re: MIRASOL ONLY   MIRASOL ONLY EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 10:35 am

It is enjoyable to make things visible which are invisible

If it takes hundreds of us with Eric masks so be it
Back to top Go down
alfa

MIRASOL ONLY Empty
PostSubject: Re: MIRASOL ONLY   MIRASOL ONLY EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 10:43 am

I received a confirmation mail from Sarah on the 13th of January that a distribution will take place so if they were really in trouble why that kind of a mail??? They lied and for some reason lies are still sent out...
Back to top Go down
Mirasol101

MIRASOL ONLY Empty
PostSubject: Re: MIRASOL ONLY   MIRASOL ONLY EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 11:00 am

ATL_Victim wrote:
I recall from the FAQ when I joined a statement that the Mirasol funds were held in cash in an RBS account in Jersey - so that is how they got their hands on them - very easily!

Quote for 2008 interest rates refered to Loyds bank.
They funds can be spreaded out in several accounts
Back to top Go down
Mirasol101

MIRASOL ONLY Empty
PostSubject: Re: MIRASOL ONLY   MIRASOL ONLY EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 11:11 am

RacketVictim wrote:
I never got any interest rates for 2009; the excuse being due to global recession. That was already a signal that things were not going fine. But I was very slow to react...

Last interest marked 31st of March 2009.
Should have rang the bells but also too slow to react.
Back to top Go down
ludo

MIRASOL ONLY Empty
PostSubject: lies, lies ...   MIRASOL ONLY EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 12:17 pm

In january I knew there were problems
when requesting the distribution, Sarah did like there were no problem and we discussed tiny practical details
I asked myself why keeping preteding ... they just don't give signs anymore, so no more moe.
Back to top Go down
Done

MIRASOL ONLY Empty
PostSubject: Re: MIRASOL ONLY   MIRASOL ONLY EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 4:29 pm

ATL_Victim wrote:
It certainly doesn't appear like Mirasol had much money left. And as there's a contingent liability of $2500 for each member for it's debts, we have to additionally pray that Mirasol didn't in the end resort to borrowing funds from ATL, as the Administrators will come for us like a pack of wolves!

Moral of the story; Avoid umbrella companies like the plague!
Back to top Go down
AlbanyContractor

MIRASOL ONLY Empty
PostSubject: Re: MIRASOL ONLY   MIRASOL ONLY EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 10:46 pm

Having tried to organise a group via the blog and this website forum, I have been blanked by a small group of people who have deliberated for so long about action, yesterday they conducted a conference call with Glick ( means lucky in Yiddish !!! ) and I have heard nothing since !!!! This is most probably because he convinced them that everything was fine and they will get their money soon, another group tried the same thing an failed after positive noises.

I am now stepping up a gear, you can continue to deliberate, you can play into sly and devisive hands and tactics that are employed to convince you differently, but I know the hurt caused by these smart alecs against simple hard working people, I am going look into a criminal action shortly, I have evidence of  unusual practices regarding accounting and other technical points that require answers.

Last edited by AlbanyContractor on Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

MIRASOL ONLY Empty
PostSubject: Re: MIRASOL ONLY   MIRASOL ONLY Empty

Back to top Go down

MIRASOL ONLY
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next