Albany and Mirasol Victims Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Albany and Mirasol Victims Forum

This blog is for use of any victims effected by the demise of the Albany Group as well as Mirasol

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Reasons for Albany / Mirasol problems

Go down 
+4
Another Victim
shafted
romek
EuropeanContractor
8 posters
AuthorMessage
EuropeanContractor

Reasons for Albany / Mirasol problems Empty
PostSubject: Reasons for Albany / Mirasol problems   Reasons for Albany / Mirasol problems EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 12:04 am

Lets' collect links and other potentially relevant information here that might help to explain the Albany / Mirasol problems.

Last edited by EuropeanContractor on Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
EuropeanContractor

PostSubject: Re: Reasons for Albany / Mirasol problems   Reasons for Albany / Mirasol problems EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 12:10 am

EuropeanContractor wrote:
Lets' collect links and other information here that help to explain the Albany / Mirasol problems

The nearest to an 'explanation' for Albany's problems I found in this link, from 9 February:

Albany U.K. operations temporarily halt

This is what it says: '(an Albany) source said Albany won a major account in the U.K. that was larger than first thought, and the Royal Bank of Scotland balked at the 65-day payment term requested by the client.'
Back to top Go down
romek

PostSubject: Re: Reasons for Albany / Mirasol problems   Reasons for Albany / Mirasol problems EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 4:02 am

EuropeanContractor,

I have also heard this theory before but to tell you the truth, until RBS come forward and confirm this... I'm not ready to trust it. Sounds like something Albany would say to keep angry contractors off it's back (and place blame on someone else).

So far, there has been so little "official" information that I can't stop thinking these are stalling tactics. The big question is if so then why? Is it that Albany want to enter Administration ASAP so that no one new can move forward with any legal case? or are they still trying to figure this mess out and actually have funds (somewhere) to pay us.

At this point, I'm going to say the first explanation is probably the right one. I just hope this Albany Mirasol mess doesn't turn into the Euro version of Enron!
Back to top Go down
shafted

PostSubject: Mirasol   Reasons for Albany / Mirasol problems EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 12:39 pm

I don't know about other's but I've been a tad uncomfortable as to what has been going on in Mirasol for a while. Sarah has always seemed a tad too defensive.

I applied for a distribution in July '09, got half of it in September and obviously the rest is currently in limbo. I only got that partial distribution after chasing and speaking to Waheed. The last few distribution's have been impacted by delays etc

My chief concern is, was Mirasol fueling Albany growth?

Have other's experienced similar delays?
Back to top Go down
Another Victim

PostSubject: Re: Reasons for Albany / Mirasol problems   Reasons for Albany / Mirasol problems EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 1:55 pm

You aren't the only one who got that feeling shafted.

Last edited by Another Victim on Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
aFriend

PostSubject: a more qualified ponzi...   Reasons for Albany / Mirasol problems EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 5:06 pm

some questions to everyone:

-do you honestly believe that this was an unplanned bankruptcy?
-even if it was, do you really think that this company will make an effort to pay your money back instead of "using discretion" and disappearing with the money or use the funds for albany?
-if they wanted to pay, why would they be dissolving the company?
-did you ever believe that mirasol was totally independent from albany?
-what did you think when directors said that "distribution was at directors' discretion" for your own funds?
-didn't you ever think why there is no transparency from the beginning? why you still don't know what is going on? why the communication has been really poor?

guys, don't forget! Only the paranoiac survives...

good luck with your money but what I am afraid is that you will become complacent as time passes. So organize as fast as possible and take legal action before it is too late!
Back to top Go down
bottomofit

PostSubject: Re: Reasons for Albany / Mirasol problems   Reasons for Albany / Mirasol problems EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 9:30 pm

In the document "Mirasol - Questions and Answers.pdf", one of the Q&As states as follows:

Q. How safe are funds held by Mirasol?

A. Mirasol is an initiative of the Albany Group, which has been looking after contractor’s
funds securely for more than 12 years. Consequently, we are aware that the security of
funds is probably the most sensitive issue for contractors. For this reason Mirasol will not
actively trade, therefore there is no reason why its funds should be at risk.

The above does not indicate if the funds held by Mirasol were even in a separate bank account to Albany. Also, as we do not have the company formation documents (article of association etc), we do not know if the Mirasol fund was giving intercompany loans to Albany companies or acting as a 'Guarantor' to Albany in any way.

It appears that Albany has set up a structure to protect itself both from the members and also other interested parties. Does anyone even know who are the directors of Mirasol and have a copy of the constitution documents of the company?

I can post the Albany Q&A document here as well.
Back to top Go down
EuropeanContractor

PostSubject: Re: Reasons for Albany / Mirasol problems   Reasons for Albany / Mirasol problems EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 11:13 pm

shafted wrote:
I don't know about other's but I've been a tad uncomfortable as to what has been going on in Mirasol for a while. Sarah has always seemed a tad too defensive.

I applied for a distribution in July '09, got half of it in September and obviously the rest is currently in limbo. I only got that partial distribution after chasing and speaking to Waheed. The last few distribution's have been impacted by delays etc

My chief concern is, was Mirasol fueling Albany growth?

Have other's experienced similar delays?

Yes, I experienced the same things in July, evasive tactics, delays - exactly the same things.
Back to top Go down
peter

PostSubject: Re: Reasons for Albany / Mirasol problems   Reasons for Albany / Mirasol problems EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 2:35 am

Given that Mirasol was supposedly an initiative of the Albany Group its surprising how quiet the Group has been on this matter.

The best way forward is a group action but what action can we currently taken given all the unknown factors?

Anyone who has used Mirasol and even got their money out is potentially affected since all details of payments will come out now.

A big can of worms has been opened here. Very messy indeed.

Last edited by peter on Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:19 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
peter

PostSubject: Re: Reasons for Albany / Mirasol problems   Reasons for Albany / Mirasol problems EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 3:25 am

it just gets better and better

have a look here

http://www.thealbanygroup.com/

Europe has now been Removed from the groups site Rolling Eyes

Last edited by peter on Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bottomofit

PostSubject: Re: Reasons for Albany / Mirasol problems   Reasons for Albany / Mirasol problems EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 3:28 am

There's still info about Martin Glick and Sarah Morrey - they apparently went on a charity bike ride last year:

http://www.thealbanygroup.com/page.asp?section=379&sectionTitle=Rajasthan%20Bike%20Ride%202009
Back to top Go down
romek

PostSubject: Re: Reasons for Albany / Mirasol problems   Reasons for Albany / Mirasol problems EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 4:17 am

peter wrote:
it just gets better and better

have a look here

http://www.thealbanygroup.com/

Europe has now been Removed from the groups site Rolling Eyes

But they forgot to remove EMEA from the "Where we work" section!

http://www.thealbanygroup.com/page.asp?section=123&sectionTitle=Where+We+Work
Back to top Go down
strike

PostSubject: Re: Reasons for Albany / Mirasol problems   Reasons for Albany / Mirasol problems EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 5:55 am

thats a very disturbing news.. i never knew that they were having some delays before with the distribution.. for the last few years, i rarely make movements with my funds there, maximum say 9K and they gave it on the right distribution date.. and its my first time this january to request a significant amount..
my fears are growing that our money is not intact anymore.!!
Back to top Go down
peter

PostSubject: Re: Reasons for Albany / Mirasol problems   Reasons for Albany / Mirasol problems EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 6:02 am

Maybe we should try to freeze the assets of the people who are implicated in this mess
Back to top Go down
strike

PostSubject: Re: Reasons for Albany / Mirasol problems   Reasons for Albany / Mirasol problems EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 6:50 am

thats one action point we should try to do.. this world doesnt deserve to be so unfair like that.. we should definitely bring them in the court!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reasons for Albany / Mirasol problems   Reasons for Albany / Mirasol problems Empty

Back to top Go down

Reasons for Albany / Mirasol problems
Page 1 of 1