Albany and Mirasol Victims Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Albany and Mirasol Victims Forum

This blog is for use of any victims effected by the demise of the Albany Group as well as Mirasol

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Mirasol Next steps

Go down 
+4
AlbanyContractor
EuropeanContractor
richard
Ben
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Ben

Mirasol Next steps Empty
PostSubject: Mirasol Next steps   Mirasol Next steps EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 10:49 am

I just talked to Veinoo Thanki at CBW and he confirms that they are the adminstrators , thay there are 4 companies involved and that they were onlu appointed this afternoon
and that MIRASOL IS NOT INCLUDED ! It seem to me that fo the Albany group this are becoming clearer and i think the path is clear and standard. However, for the Mirasol group
of people it has just become more confusing and a little more worrying/interesting.

What is the next step for Mirasol?
As Sarah's email isn't working. Is there anybody who has another contact within Mirasol?
Back to top Go down
richard

Mirasol Next steps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirasol Next steps   Mirasol Next steps EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 11:00 am

Can you try to contact them again to check if Mirasol is one of the creditors?
Back to top Go down
EuropeanContractor

Mirasol Next steps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirasol Next steps   Mirasol Next steps EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 7:34 pm

Ben wrote:
I just talked to Veinoo Thanki at CBW and he confirms that they are the adminstrators , thay there are 4 companies involved and that they were onlu appointed this afternoon
and that MIRASOL IS NOT INCLUDED ! It seem to me that fo the Albany group this are becoming clearer and i think the path is clear and standard. However, for the Mirasol group
of people it has just become more confusing and a little more worrying/interesting.

What is the next step for Mirasol?
As Sarah's email isn't working. Is there anybody who has another contact within Mirasol?

Waheed@mirasolholdings.org - not that I would assume he answers. Anyway, his mail still seems to be working.
Back to top Go down
AlbanyContractor

Mirasol Next steps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirasol Next steps   Mirasol Next steps EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 2:06 am

Hence the need for Legal action!
Back to top Go down
romek

Mirasol Next steps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirasol Next steps   Mirasol Next steps EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 3:38 am

I keep seeing Waheed's name come up. Interestingly enough when I spoke with Albany RSA I got names of two MD in the UK office. Waheed was one of them (I was told he was the FD).
So there is a definite link here between Albany and Mirasol again.
Back to top Go down
Ben

Mirasol Next steps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirasol Next steps   Mirasol Next steps EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 3:46 am

Hi romek,
the things who wrote looks like chinees to me.
Albany RSA? What's the RSA?
MD in the UK office? MD?
FD?
Back to top Go down
peter

Mirasol Next steps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirasol Next steps   Mirasol Next steps EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 3:49 am

RSA: South Africa
MD Managing Director
FD Financial Director
Back to top Go down
Recruiter

Mirasol Next steps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirasol Next steps   Mirasol Next steps EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 4:40 am

I had been told by several employees of Albany RSA that Waheed Ashad is the FD of the group, based in London.

Cornelius Hatting (maybe wrong spelling of surname) is the Ops Director.
Back to top Go down
peter

Mirasol Next steps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirasol Next steps   Mirasol Next steps EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 4:43 am

From linkedin on albany Group

Martin Glick, Founder and Business Driver
Richard Allport, Business Development Manager
Waheed Arshad, Group Financial Controller
Gustavo Nazareth, Legal Counsel
Cornelius Hattingh, Operations Director EMEA
Back to top Go down
SexDwarf

Mirasol Next steps Empty
PostSubject: Waheed   Mirasol Next steps EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 7:55 am

Yes, Waheed is a director of both Mirasol & Albany. However, one person (or many for that matter) does not imply that the companies are joined at the hip. I for example am on 2 boards and serve non-exec elsewhere too. The companies in question are not related because of me.

However, now that Albany is in Administration the books will be scrutinised and Martin, Waheed, et al will have to answer a lot of wuestions and surely will need to justify the transfers of monies from Albany to Mirasol - a plausible explanation why the funds may be frozen... This is still to be confirmed... Does anyone have a relative, friend, or such at RBS?

Also, note that the applicable legislation is related to country of incorporation, so Mirasol as non-UK and non-EU for that matter will need exceptional processing to target.

When Integra went under, our dear CEO disappeared with the loot... Food for thought...
Back to top Go down
SexDwarf

Mirasol Next steps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirasol Next steps   Mirasol Next steps EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 8:01 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mirasol Next steps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirasol Next steps   Mirasol Next steps Empty

Back to top Go down

Mirasol Next steps
Page 1 of 1