Albany and Mirasol Victims Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Albany and Mirasol Victims Forum

This blog is for use of any victims effected by the demise of the Albany Group as well as Mirasol

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A Visit to Albany Offices

Go down 
+4
benc
romek
Done
SexDwarf
8 posters
AuthorMessage
SexDwarf

A Visit to Albany Offices Empty
PostSubject: A Visit to Albany Offices   A Visit to Albany Offices EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 1:21 pm

@ All those in the UK

Has someone gone to knock on Albany's door in London?

I'm in the Ukraine, and couldn't be arsed to get on a plane as it would just most certainly be a sunked cost that I can do without at the moment (and I'm not owed anything by Albany, only Mirasol), but if I were in the UK, a short train, bus or tube ride would have me at their door asking questions and then providing feedback on this forum.

Surely the words on this forum merit some backing up with cajones, no?
Back to top Go down
Done

PostSubject: Re: A Visit to Albany Offices   A Visit to Albany Offices EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 6:08 am

He he! That would be classic. Turning up at the offices with a cricket bat "to negotiate".

But with the Administrators in now, I fear whatever little remained of the results of my hard labour is now being curved out between the so-called "secured" creditors.

Sad! I would rather have put the whole lot on Belly Dancer in the 3 o'clock at Newmarket and at least had the satisfaction of losing it myself.
Back to top Go down
romek

PostSubject: Re: A Visit to Albany Offices   A Visit to Albany Offices EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 10:18 am

I'm in London and will take a trip during the week. I'll also bring my camera to take some pictures for everyone to see!
Back to top Go down
benc

PostSubject: Re: A Visit to Albany Offices   A Visit to Albany Offices EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 9:45 am

I considered this but was informed that others have tried and it comes with the risk of arrest! The administrators are in now and a visit to the office will be fruitless.
Back to top Go down
romek

PostSubject: Re: A Visit to Albany Offices   A Visit to Albany Offices EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 10:02 am

really? arrest? for what? I'm only going there to ask some questions + take some pics. I doubt that's illegal...
Back to top Go down
Done

PostSubject: Re: A Visit to Albany Offices   A Visit to Albany Offices EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 11:03 am

Romek, only if you went native. An outcome that, understandably, can't be ruled out for many of us if we came face to face with reminders of our Waterloo.
Back to top Go down
SexDwarf

PostSubject: Re: A Visit to Albany Offices   A Visit to Albany Offices EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 3:16 am

romek wrote:
I'm in London and will take a trip during the week. I'll also bring my camera to take some pictures for everyone to see!

Cześć Romek,
I am an ex-police officer, and there is no risk of arrest if your visit is casual and with no malice or such intent.
When you go, and I sincerely hope you do, please do take a few mug shots (although this is illegal without consent) to be posted here would be nice to put a face to the names...
Back to top Go down
romek

PostSubject: Re: A Visit to Albany Offices   A Visit to Albany Offices EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 4:06 am

Witam SexDwarf!

Thanks for the info... I'll keep that in mind when I visit their offices. I figure I'll only be able to see them from the outside though and I doubt they are open any longer as most of the staff have been laid off and everything is going via the Administrators.

Maybe I should bring a couple of large Russians or Poles to help me out? Laughing
Back to top Go down
SexDwarf

PostSubject: Re: A Visit to Albany Offices   A Visit to Albany Offices EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 4:42 am

hej,
there are still people there. jane killbourn - the lass that sold us the deal - is contacting agencies still. chris garlick of compliance is still there.
you wont have trouble finding the big poles and russians in london Laughing
i can ship some ukrainians if we split the cost Razz
pozdr.
Back to top Go down
Ex-Albany Employee

PostSubject: Re: A Visit to Albany Offices   A Visit to Albany Offices EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 5:21 am

SexDwarf wrote:
hej,
there are still people there. jane killbourn - the lass that sold us the deal - is contacting agencies still. chris garlick of compliance is still there.
you wont have trouble finding the big poles and russians in london Laughing
i can ship some ukrainians if we split the cost Razz
pozdr.

Both of those people have left by the way.
Back to top Go down
SexDwarf

PostSubject: Re: A Visit to Albany Offices   A Visit to Albany Offices EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 5:37 am

when?
jane contacted my agency yesterday.
Back to top Go down
SexDwarf

PostSubject: Re: A Visit to Albany Offices   A Visit to Albany Offices EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 5:38 am

are you ex-employee or current employee with responsibility to placate the folk on this forum?
Back to top Go down
richard

PostSubject: Re: A Visit to Albany Offices   A Visit to Albany Offices EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 5:51 am

Guys lets not get paranoid...
I can confirm that I also believe Jane has left as when I was ringing around other umbrellas to try to find another partner to work with I called CXC and funnily enough, recognised the voice the other end and it turned out to be Jane who works for them - she told me she left over a year ago...
Back to top Go down
Problem

PostSubject: Jane did not leve a year ago...   A Visit to Albany Offices EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 6:04 am

Well, either Jane is lying, or someone else was using her email, which is the same as identity theft and fraud by Albany,

She agreed a reduction on fees for mr for a contract extension in late Dec.

I would not believe anything that the London staff have to say on where they were when the boat sank...

It's the home adresses that would be useful I think...

From companies house maybe for all the executIve officers etc...
Back to top Go down
Ex-Albany Employee

PostSubject: Re: A Visit to Albany Offices   A Visit to Albany Offices EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 6:27 am

[quote="SexDwarf"]are you ex-employee or current employee with responsibility to placate the folk on this forum?[/qu

I think the clue is in my name? I'm only trying to correct things that I know are factually wrong.

Jane left a few weeks ago to work for a competitor called CXC Global. Chris Garlick was laid off last week along with the great majority of Albany employees.
Back to top Go down
SexDwarf

PostSubject: Re: A Visit to Albany Offices   A Visit to Albany Offices EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 6:36 am

ghost in jane's machine i guess...
Back to top Go down
Ben

PostSubject: Re: A Visit to Albany Offices   A Visit to Albany Offices EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 10:12 am

@ Ex-Albany Employee:
When your talking about correcting things that you know are factually wrong? What do you talk about.

To begin with, we (all the contractors) know that it isn't very evident for those people (like you) have worked with albany and know got dismissed.
This has be hard. I must say that it was always a pleasure to talk to someone at the office of got stuff done by mail. So in that way I must say that the people who worked at Albany were very qualified.

But as far as we know, nobody that worked at Albany or Mirasol has ever told us anything. What the situation is, what their opinions are.
But i'm not willing to discuss this in the open. If you are still willing to correct thing I'd like to hear what these things are. PM me is necessary/

@richard: In Janes place I would also tell you that I've quitted Albany a year ago, just so I wouldn't have to answer the questions you have about the Albany situation. Put yourself in her shoes.... :-)
Back to top Go down
Ex-Albany Employee

PostSubject: Re: A Visit to Albany Offices   A Visit to Albany Offices EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 10:55 am

I was correcting the fact that somebody thought Jane and Chris still work at Albany when they do not.

I appreciate that communication has been very poor throughout this whole tragedy - this was also the case for those of us working within the company as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Visit to Albany Offices   A Visit to Albany Offices Empty

Back to top Go down

A Visit to Albany Offices
Page 1 of 1