Albany and Mirasol Victims Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Albany and Mirasol Victims Forum

This blog is for use of any victims effected by the demise of the Albany Group as well as Mirasol

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Albany Trade Affiliation

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
AlbanyContractor

Albany Trade Affiliation Empty
PostSubject: Albany Trade Affiliation   Albany Trade Affiliation EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 1:57 am

I wonder whether this Association is liable to us for their Endorsement of Albany and their Compliance, especially with respect to their lack of communication to us and with particular respect to the disappearance of the Mirasol Millions !!!

The Association of Professional Staffing Companies (APSCo) - UK

Albany is an affiliate member of the Association of Technology Staffing Companies (APSCo). APSCo recently launched an initiative where they tested the compliance of their UK Umbrella members. The reviews are performed by a 3rd party law firm who have been working closely with the HMRC, hence ensuring standards required are aligned with the governments definition of compliant.

As of 9 May 2008 Albany is the first affiliate member of APSCo to have passed this review. Marilyn Davidson, Director of APSCo stated: -

"...congratulations, you are the first past the post...there is no reason that you can't tell your clients now that you have passed the APSCo Compliance Review."

This demonstrates that Albany as a UK Umbrella Company is doing all possible to ensure their solutions are compliant within the confines of the HMRC legislation.
Back to top Go down
Another Victim

Albany Trade Affiliation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Albany Trade Affiliation   Albany Trade Affiliation EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 4:04 am

Our only forlorn hope of getting any funds from Mirasol was through Albany - and with Albany gone, even if Mirasol funds were intact and not frozen, the only way to get at them would be solely at the "discretion of the directors". And fat chance of that - with no new money coming in.

Given the lack of communications the conclusion is obvious.

The choice is between doing nothing and losing all. Or legal action which may just possibly recover a small percentage. And group action is the only option for me as I 'had' only around 10k (after tax) in Mirasol, so I can't throw more than 1k of good money after that.
Back to top Go down

Albany Trade Affiliation
Page 1 of 1